Spare room? Earn extra income!
Hosts are required for our International learners throughout the academic year. If you have a spare room in your house, you could earn £150 per week as an international host.
What is expected from a Host:
- Ensure that each learner has their own bedroom and does not share with anyone else
- Provide meals where specified - learners are encouraged to eat the same meals as their host family
- Ensure bedding is changed at least once a week
- Treat them as part of your family for the duration of their stay
- Involve them in any planned activities e.g. trips, social events etc.
- You are encouraged to email the learner prior to their visit to introduce yourselves
- Collect learners on arrival from the College’s Burton Town Centre Campus and bring them back to College when they leave
- Show learners how to travel around the local area e.g. where the relevant bus stops are etc.
- Earn £150 a week (including weekends)
- Monday – Friday you will supply half board meals (breakfast and evening meal)
- Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays you will supply full board meals (breakfast, lunch and evening meal)
- Help and support is available throughout
What happens next…
- Complete the relevant documents: Host Profile, Agreements and Payment Form.
- Complete a DBS form – All people in the household over the age of 16 will be required to complete a DBS Form, which is funded by the College (documents will be sent via post). NB: DBS must be in place prior to student arrival.
- A home visit will be arranged by the College as part of our safeguarding policy. The College has a duty of care to ensure the safety of all our learners and will ensure that all hosts are aware of our safeguarding procedures. During the home visit any further questions you may have can be discussed.